Here is the Digital Image Tweet Birdhouses Set....
isn't it cute? I just love love love the papers!
I decided to do a scrapbook page using some of the elements from the SVG set:
I used the roof from one of the birdhouses and made the shape of the birdhouse a little rounded....so it kind of looks like a pumpkin for fall. I added some of the flowers from the set to add some embellishments.
This is the companion page I did for the set using the UR Tweet sentiment from the SVG set.
The little white frame tag under tweet was a scrap from the Card Cut 4 pieces that I had cut out and not used. I really like how it pulls your eye down the page!
I can't wait to make some birdhouse cards, but that will have to be for another day!
Here's a sample from Susan on the Doodle Pantry Design team....so cute!
Self adhesive pearls and rhinestones (Mark Richards)
both from Hobby Lobby
Swiss Dot embossing folder (I think...they don't label them so how do you know!)
Cuttlebug, Scor pal score board, Zing/Make the Cut, color printer
This little card I made because I had the little paper scrap that was 2.5 x 5 ish in size.
I think the little label looks really cute over it!
On this card, I needed my background paper to be a little larger than what was printed. I decided to cut it diagonally in quarters and then emboss it. This gave me just the right amount of white space that points right to my focal point of the card! The center frame has a little circle space just right to hold pearls!
This card I gave a lot of white space to the background!
I really like white space!
The image I printed out of Publisher.
I decided I wanted the butterfly to be a little bit lighter so the words showed up better.
So I adjusted the brightness under the format tab to +10% which lightened just enough to make the words show better!
Brightness on the far left of the Format tab.
This card I had an even smaller amount of printed cardstock to work with, so I scored the outside edge of my card at 1/2 inch on each side. I then quartered my square of background paper and aligned it within the square the score lines created.
I wanted my image to look dimensional so I cut out the little butterfly and put him on with pop up foam.
Here I had these scraps of green from cutting out my Paper Cuts Flowers page.
They seemed to look nice with this image, so I tacked those on as an embellishment!
In hindsight, I wish I would have put a white embossed layer for the entire backdrop of the card.
Maybe next time!
Here you can see the layers of my card.
I put dimensional foam between all the layers.
The reason I started doing card cuts is so I could have options to layer my printed digital images with my frames so I wouldn't have to try and get my cutting machine to cut it correctly.
This way, I print my image the correct size,
lay my frame over the image to determine where it needs trimmed,
trim the image to layer behind the frame and just very sloppily chop it off to fit.
Like that :-)
See you tomorrow to show you some more creating I've been doing!